Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is seeking a AP Clerk in Calgary, AB
• Responsible daily for processing an assigned number of invoices according to volume including both Purchase order and non-purchase order workflows such as pre-approved invoices and employee expenses.
• Act as a point of contact for internal payable related inquiries. Includes the responsibility of managing multiple mailboxes and responding to inquiries from the internal organization on a timely basis.
• Work closely with our procurement service center (PSC) to identify and resolve issues with PO workflow.
• Assist with third party audit program to identify and post duplicates and unclaimed credits back to vendor accounts.
• Participate or lead process improvement initiatives and provide support for any system upgrades or enhancements impacting payable processes and systems.
• Ad-hoc duties and backup support for other coworkers during vacation leave or absences.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment dealing with a variety of stakeholders
• Is an effective communicator with strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to learn new systems & processes quickly in order to apply consistent application to multiple scenarios.
• Problem solving and analytical skills; ability to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations.
• Superior attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
• Strong drive to provide exceptional customer service to our internal organizations
• Excellent organization skills
• Business Degree
• Intermediate accounting or technical background
• 2 - 5 years previous experience processing payables in SAP is required
• Must have SAP payable processing experience, in a high volume environment
• Experience in a customer service oriented function
• Basic Excel with a willingness to learn more intermediate or advanced functions
• CPA or CFA enrolment