Develop and execute strategies for tenders and contracts for Goods and Services required for allocated area including expansion projects and for long term strategic agreements to provide best value for money to company and to selection the right contract to avoid any litigation and loss to company.
- Establish plans and objectives in line with Division, Department, Group and Company objectives and ensure accomplishment of these Goals and Objectives.
- Ensures that all contracts in the allocated area are planned properly and awarded on time for the smooth operation of the plant and other services, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides advisory services to End Users on STC & CLTC Procedures and best business practices on tendering. Responsible for obtaining management endorsement for CLTC/GTC submissions and to make presentation in the relevant Committees and to answer queries raised by members.
- Takes the Lead role in tendering and contracts activities such as; tenders strategies, selection of right price schedule, approval from appropriate authorities, pre-qualification of contractors, preparation and issuance of tenders and contracts, clarification of tenders, site visits, modification of tender documents, bids evaluation based on pre-established evaluation criteria, clarification of bids, award of contracts, signing and execution of contracts.
- Ensures that all tenders and contracts are accurately prepared, finalized and executed as per established procedures, and best business practices. Ensures that all tenders and contracts cover HSE, QA/QC and other stipulations. Audits overall activities against procedures, identify non-compliance, and recommend course of action for continuous improvement.
- Takes the lead role in negotiations and get the best value for money to company. Where necessary take on the spot commercial/business decisions based on Company policies and practices and obtain management ratifications.
- Takes Lead Role to ensure post contract administration activities such as; acquiring performance bonds and insurance policies from contractors, , issuance of change orders, settlement of disputes and claims, cancellation/termination of contracts (if necessary), feedback from end users for future improvements, Contractors performance monitoring.
- Finalize, and implement procedures relating to tenders, contracts and procurement and periodically review procedures and recommend appropriate modifications as and when necessary, for continuous improvement.
- Establishes contacts with Affiliate and Shareholder Companies to identify and implement synergies and cost savings. Assists Contracts Manager with the preparation of Contract policies, draft terms & conditions of contract and in establishing the contracting organization.
- Establish ethical and professional relationship with Contractors/Suppliers to project the right image of Company to the contracting community and protect the interests of Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- • Minimum 10 years of experience in preparation of tenders, contracts, and contracts administration mainly in Oil, Gas, Petrochemical Industry.
- • Good interpretation skills and knowledge about legal practices, law of contracts and industry practices.
- • Excellent written and spoken English.
- • Computer literacy including ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs.