Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a global technical recruitment company which has 45 offices across the world. 500 specialised recruiters support Candidates and companies industries: Energy, Construction & Property, Oil & Gas, Pharma, IT, Manufacturing.
Our Client is an international construction company specialised in power sector employing 3600 people worldwide having 40 years of experience in the engineering industry. The company belongs to large Northern American Construction Group operating in Power, Oil&Gas, Telecommunication sectors employing 32 000 people worldwide due to strengthen its position in Europe is currently recruiting for position:
Contract Lead Specialist/ Claim Manager EPC contracts (Warsaw based)
The role is responsible for ensuring the review and commenting on all bid documentation, creating a summary of key commercial points and reconciling those against the scope provided to identify gaps, embedded terms and unquantifiable risk. The role is also responsible for identifying and mitigating, to the greatest extent possible, any commercial risk associated with the project. Ensure contract compliance, first tier relationship management and provide commercial support to the Construction and Project Managers. The role is also expected to provide commercial support, guidance, information, and assistance to the leadership, management, and employees.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The position would be responsible for implementing all aspects of EPC contract management process with respect to:
- Prepare a summary of key contractual points (deviations from norms, identified risks, of concern to Company) generated by a review such that they can be readily identified and addressed.
- Involvement with the review of all new tenders and contracts;
- ensuring all requirements of NES Client, are met with respect to contract review, sign off and archiving;
- Coordinating the involvement of legal counsel and/or NES Client legal counsel in reviews as required;
- Support the negotiation of major contracts and subcontracts and own the final review and document preparation.
- Process adherence and implementation;
- Document management and archiving
- Risk management and mitigation through commercial structures
- Experience with construction claims and a working knowledge of the arbitration/litigation process
- Demonstrated ability to generate solutions to complex contract issues
- Poise and credibility, position interfaces frequently with internal business partners and contractors
- Ability to lead / facilitate team work in developing, implementing and managing contracts
- Excellent knowledge of General and Special Conditions involved in typical construction contracts.
- Good negotiation skills required for the settlement of contentious issues and administrative litigation.
- Good acquaintance of general principles of project management (planning, project completion requirements, handing over, defect liability)
- Ability to work successfully towards deadlines, as well as independently on multiple assignments
- Organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong reading comprehension and communication skills
- An eye for details; demonstrated ability for accurate and detail-oriented work
- Self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment