Bioproduction through cell line development is a pivotal part of the drug discovery programme, providing a platform for further R&D to take place. My client, an award winning Biotechnology company, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bioproduction Manager to lead a team of talented R&D scientists working on new product development and optimisation of cell line development processes of their CHO cell based platform. This company is the fastest growing provider of new manufacturing CHO cells to the industry.
Bioproduction Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Management of a team of R&D scientists dedicated to deliver new biomanufacturing cell line solutions for our expanding Biopharma customers. Manage new product development, generation of novel IP, and continued innovation in the Bioproduction space
- Work seamlessly with the Manager Bioproduction Product Support to coordinate priorities and resources needed to achieve specific goals for the team and the business
- Forecast future needs of the team, manage the expansion of the team and facilities to meet the long-term strategy of the business unit
- Work cross-functionally within Research Operations and with the Business United Manager and Product Manager to develop key goals to ensure sustainability and growth of the Bioproduction business unit including new product development pipeline
- Provide high level scientific expertise and input on current and future strategy in Bioproduction to drive development of world class products for our Biopharma clients
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their projects, roles and goals
- Cultivate and foster a culture of cohesive teamwork, transparency, and efficiency.
- PhD degree or corresponding experience in a relevant scientific with at least 5 years postgraduate experience in the Bioproduction industry or in a leading academic institution and 2 years management experience
- Strong track record of effectively managing a large team of diverse scientists, ranging from junior scientists through highly experienced scientists
- In-depth understanding of the Bioproduction area and our Biopharma customer’s challenges to bring drugs to market
- A thought leader, demonstrated success in innovation including peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
- Strong cell and molecular biology skills, ideally related to cell line development
- Strong track record of project planning and successful execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in face-paced environment with excellent organizational skills
- Strong business acumen to translate scientific understanding into new business opportunities and effectively communicate with customers and key opinion leaders
If you possess the necessary requirements, please call Charles on 01619427163.