Bioproduction through cell line development is a pivotal part of the drug discovery programme, providing a platform for further R&D to take place. My client, an award winning Biotechnology company, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Scientist: Bioproduction to work on new product development and optimisation of cell line development processes of their CHO cell based platform. This company is the fastest growing provider of new manufacturing CHO cells to the industry and as such it is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the business.
Senior Scientist: Bioproduction Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute and document experiments independently in accordance with project goals and deliverables
- Demonstrates scientific/technical leadership at project level by taking scientific decisions for complex scientific problems
- Lead multi-disciplinary projects/teams and be responsible to establish the required working instructions for scientists and technicians
- Analyse and interpret experimental data as well as identify and solve experiment associated problems
- Document the results in a timely manner and prepare high quality data packages and case studies to showcase company CHO cell platform
- Anticipates, evaluates and implements trends and innovations in the area and apply these to experimental design to deliver better performing solutions
- Good understanding of recombinant protein expression methods and an in depth knowledge of CLD for mammalian cell lines (ideally CHO)
- Good aseptic technique and knowledge of general cell culture methods for the development of stable cell lines for the production biopharmaceuticals (transfection, selection, cloning, screening and validation techniques)
- Experience with high throughput cell line screening technologies such as Hamilton, ambr15™ and ForteBio's Octet® systems
- Skilled in experimental design and troubleshooting, excelling organisation skills
- Experience in training scientists, technicians and operators in his/her area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team spirit with an ability to work with your colleagues at fast pace and run complex experiments
If you possess the necessary requirements, please call Charles on 01619427163.