Human cell-based systems, in particular stem cells, have become a highly productive and informative platform for further research in drug discovery platforms. My client, a blue chip pharmaceutical company is seeking the expertise of a Senior Research Scientist, specialised in cellular and molecular biology to build disease relevant models using a range of cutting edge, high throughput technologies. This work is pivotal to the identification and selection of appropriate druggable targets.
Senior Research Scientist: Cell Biology Key Responsibilities:
- Culturing primary cells, stem cells and cell lines in aseptic conditions to provide a platform for drug discovery platforms.
- Using gene editing methodologies such as CRISPR-cas9 and RNAi systems to produce knock out and knock in cell lines, tailored to company requirements in a targeted therapeutic area.
- Operation of multi-parametric flow cytometry and/or high-content imaging, and other single cell technologies, to characterize disease mechanisms at the cellular level.
- Continuously working to high levels of GLP, including operation of automated machinery such as liquid handlers.
- Project management and the guiding/mentoring of more junior members of staff below you.Senior Research Scientist: Cell Biology Key Responsibilities:
- Scientific PhD or equivalent with corresponding experience in a leading academic institute or industry (2+ years)
- Molecular biology skills with in depth experience of in vitro gene editing, human primary cell systems and co-culture assays
- Demonstrated wide experience of cell culture, preferably with challenging cell lines eg iPSCs and cellular organoids
- Skilled in independent experimental design and troubleshooting
- Good organisational ability to plan and prioritise work, strong record keeping and a quality mindset.
- Team worker able to flex their style, with experience juggling multiple projects.
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication across.
- This fantastic opportunity as a Senior Research Scientist: Cell Biology is immediately available with an award winning company who are pioneers in this field through their wide collaborative nature of science.
- If you possess the relevant requirements, please call Charles on 01619427163 for more details.