Responsible for subcontract activities for proposal and/or project involvement and general use within the Subcontracts Department
- Assignments are mildly complex construction subcontracts, expanding to moderately complex construction subcontracts and may include construction related service agreement or contracts.
- Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
- Prepares subcontract related documents and bidders list.
- Prepares, issues and supports the bidding process.
- Solicits budgetary pricing for subcontracts, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a project.
- Manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering regarding the technical evaluation.
- Makes recommendations for selected short listed bidder(s) and for awardSchedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process.
- Begins to resolve simple and moderately complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions. Manages the award and conforming process.conforming process.
- Files appropriate record documents and follows filing rules.
Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- BA or BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Technical or related field.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Analytical / organizational skills
- Communications skills, both written and oral
- General computer skills, Microsoft suite
- Initiative, self starter, highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Mathematical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of construction disciplines, construction means & methods and construction equipment (preferred)
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions
- Knowledge of Company’s processes relevant to this position.