Responsible for subcontract activities for proposal and/or project involvement and general use within the Subcontracts Department
- Assignments involve the most complex construction subcontracts and services or construction subcontracts. Role may include lead responsibilities and/or the management of accounts.
- Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
- Prepares contract documents and bidders list.
- Prepares, issues and manages the bidding process.
- Leads and manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering regarding the technical evaluation. Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and for award.
- Leads, schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process. Able to resolve complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
- Manages the award and conforming process.
- Files appropriate record documents and follows filing rules.
- May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a major project or projects. May also lead and coordinate the entire budgetary pricing effort on a major project or projects.
- Provides input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
- Trains others concerning the subcontract processes
Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- BA or BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Technical or related field
- Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
- Strong Analytical / organizational skills
- Advanced communications skills, both written and oral
- General computer skills, Microsoft suite
- Initiative, self starter, highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Mathematical skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, construction means & methods and construction equipment (preferred)
- Strong understanding of commercial terms and conditions
- Strong understanding of Company’s processes relevant to this position
- Ability to prioritize team workflow and make adjustments, as necessary
- Knowledge of Project Process Management