Oversees all subcontract activities for a proposal / project(s) and may be responsible for self-executing any related subcontract activities. May lead office teams and/or Subcontracts Department initiatives. Will generally support required duties within the Subcontracts Department
- Leads proposal and/or project execution efforts for request for proposal development, bid process management, pricing evaluation and recommendation for construction related subcontracts and/or service contracts for major projects following established policies and procedures.
- Executes and manages the procurement process on assigned contracts including bid list preparation, solicitation of quotes, and evaluating, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
- Leads negotiations for assigned low risk construction contracts.
- Collaborates to resolve major complex contract issues.
- Ensures contract documents are issued correctly and on schedule.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of project budgets and schedules (i.e., man-hours, cost, etc).
- Assists with the establishment and/or monitoring of procurement goals.
- Assists with the resolution of claims.
- Monitors project subcontract activities and reports status.
- Participates in meetings for the assigned project, representing the procurement department.
- May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a major project or projects. May also lead and coordinate the entire budgetary pricing effort on a non-major project or projects.
- Files appropriate documents and follows filing rules.
Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Requires a BA or BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Technical or related field.
- Relevant field or office experience can substitute for a degree.
- Strong understanding of subcontract processes and exhibits the capacity to effectively self-execute the subcontracts process in accordance with established Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Exhibit appropriate skills at resolving complex commercial terms and conditions issues and other commercial issues through collaboration.
- Possesses a strong knowledge and understanding of commercial terms and conditions
- Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, construction execution, means & methods and construction equipment (required)