NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading global Oil & Gas operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Scheduler located in Chicago.
The successful candidate would have project controls experience including planning/scheduling, cost management, and earned value during the construction phase of Capital Projects. The successful candidate must possess solid leadership, technical, organizational, communication skills, and proven ability to work in a dynamic environment. A work history that represents increased levels of responsibility on a progressive basis is important.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promote and follow SSHE policies and regulations and be fully committed in enhancing Site Safety culture and program
- Participate in Project Risk Reviews, providing qualitative & quantitative scheduling inputs
- Participate on the Project 's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) creation, in order to ensure alignment between Sanctioned estimate, approved Contract Strategy, Resource Loaded Baseline Control Schedule, Cost Reports and Contractors’ Progress report (either for T&M and Lump Sum)
- Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints factors based on Interactive Panning Sessions with Capital Project Teams
- Contribute to development of new techniques and standards; considered a skilled resource in organization.
- Develops processes that require innovation and ingenuity.
- Work performed under general direction; has some latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Interacts with internal and external personnel on major matters.
- Plans and prepares production schedules for business unit or organization.
- Translates orders into a sequential work schedule
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion deadlines
- Analyzes specifications and performs mathematical calculations to determine production processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Plans and schedules workflow for each operation according to previously established sequences and lead times
- Plans sequence of operations
- Confers with supervisors to determine status of assigned projects
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Prepares status reports
- This individual will be involved in supporting a number of small and mid-cap projects at a large refining complex.
- Will act as Owner rep scheduler for capital projects.
- Understand how to fully build and maintain an organized, integrated EPC schedule using CPM, resource loading, baselining, coding, and cost accounts.
- Able to work with contractor schedulers to incorporate data in the master project schedule.
- Utilizes critical path analysis and what-if scenarios to fully support the project team.
- Evaluates critical path activities.
- Perform spot check site inspections to assess actual progress
- Identify schedule variances and trends.
- Suggest corrective actions and develop recovery plans over potential delays
- Develops and issue periodic reports (e.g. Critical path report, 4 weeks Look schedule view, Full Time Equivalent Histograms, Earned value Analysis, Logic revision log)
- Prepares Post TAR as built schedules and lessons learned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Software –
- Customer Focused - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of all customers.
- Self-starter; creates solutions/alternatives; anticipates; acts on facts.
- Deals with conflict successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to perform field walks and audits; this will involve accessing areas of the site using ladders, catwalks, and scaffolding.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar field of study.
- Oracle/Primavera P6 scheduling software: Certified P6 Basic Required, Advanced preferred.
- OSHA 10 Certification required