Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provision of strong leadership within function whilst providing support to the operational Management team
- Driving the achievement of all financial targets and forecasts including but not limited to Revenue, EBIT and NCOA
- Identification and management of financial risks and opportunities and application of relevant and timely accounting judgements in accordance with company policy and IFRS
- Management and communication of financial forecasts in close alignment with operational management and teams whilst driving the achievement of all financial targets and forecasts including but not limited to Revenue, EBIT and NCOA
- Line management responsibility for Front End and Subsea Project UK Project Cost Controlling team including workload planning and professional development
- Regular preparation and presentation of key financial information including aged revenue accruals analysis, WIP accruals variance analysis and NCOA reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with company policy and IFRS
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis including but not limited to NCOA, investment decisions and cash flow
- Develop good working practices and continually strive for improvements in underlying processes including liaison with other regions to ensure consistency and best practice
- Develop and maintain good understanding of business processes allowing appropriate support to tender activities and robust commercial reviews.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- University degree in Business Administration, Project Management or Accountancy qualification or equivalent project experience
- Strong orientation towards and appreciation of the importance of business systems and processes
- Direct relevant experience (Including a mix of cost and finance achievements) in the upstream Oil and gas industry, or a similar sector such as Nuclear or Infrastructure
- A good understanding of the principles of: Finance and Statutory Accounting; Cost Estimating; Engineering (multidisciplinary activities from Concept through Definition, Development to Handover); Procurement (Contract strategy, selection, negotiation and administration); Manufacturing Cost Control; and Planning and Scheduling
- Ability to influence broadly internally and externally to the corporate and project team without direct authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring for project controlling and finance activities.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.