Heavy Lift Specialist
|Job Title:||Heavy Lift Specialist|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Fernandez|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2019 14:43|
MAIN FUNCTIONS Mechanical Engineer specialized in Cranes /Lifting Equipment Inspection.
Working within the Lifting and Hoisting department which is part of the Mechanical / Office Engineering Department responsible for the provision and inspection of Cranes and Lifting Equipment required supporting the workshop and field maintenance activities of the Gas to Liquids (GTL) Complex.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks. Level 3 will:
• Serve as Representatives on a daily basis Coordinating with Cranes Inspection Contractor any Ad- Hoc Inspection / Testing / Certification requests from Onshore and Offshore Stewards the Cranes and Lifting Gear Preventive Maintenance Works Program with the Cranes / Lifting Gear inspection • Subject Matter Expert on lifting equipment
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 20+ years’ experience within the Petrochemical or associated Industry is high desirable
• A minimum at least of 10 years’ experience within the Oil and gas industry preferred
• Bachelor’s degree & qualified in Mechanical discipline or standards based qualification
• Ability to perform structural calculations (Structural Engineer)
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office suite of packages (Word and Excel competence is a must)
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English required
• Extensive experience in lifting equipment inspection
• Self-motivated Efficient and active, ability to manage contractors and push work forward
• Coordinate and Supervise the Inspectors on site, monitoring the progress of their work
• Team player with a good understanding of Health and Safety relating to lifting equipment
-Oversee crane & lifting work.
-Steward local procedures.
-Enforce local and national regulations.
-Understand complex lift plans.
-Evaluate worker skill level & intervene when needed.
-Lead safety meetings.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Economic Transport Investment Specialist
Public-Private Partnership Specialist
Argyll and Bute, Scotland
£36000 per annum
Project Manager - Taranaki
New Plymouth, New Zealand
NZD85000 - NZD115000 per annum, Benefits: Plus vehicle (Full personal use)
PLN12000 - PLN15000 per month