Job DescriptionPlant Design Engineer – Burscough - £35K, Company Car + Benefits
- Are you a Design Engineer, looking to challenge yourself within a market leading company that is committed to ongoing improvements and development?
Based at their office in Lancashire, our client has an opportunity within their Plant Engineering department for a Plant Design Engineer to work on all stages of product design from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation and final commissioning.
Our client is a leading geotechnical specialist renowned for their quality and innovation in the field of foundation and underground engineering. They are looking for someone who will design and implement equipment and qualifications that will help to improve safety and reliability. Ideally you will have a degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineer with demonstrable experience of designing complex heavy machinery in a related industry. You will also have experience working with Inventor, Solid Works or similar software.
The successful candidate will join a market leader. With excellence as one of their top priorities, they continually develop their technology, improve operational performance and are willing to innovate which makes them an exciting prospect for creative designers. Our client is undergoing expansion within the Plant Engineering department and now is an exciting time to join.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment or modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Work with colleagues to develop project specifications, often with those from other engineering disciplines.
- Discuss and solve complex problems with suppliers and customers.
- Ensure products will perform reliably in operating environments
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design.
- Monitor and commissioning of designs.
- Degree in mechanical or structural engineering (or equivalent)
- Experienced in 2D and 3D modelling using Inventor or similar
- Understanding of Hydraulic Systems and Instrumentation
- Experience of designing heavy plant fabrications
This is a very rewarding position, which will challenge you and allow you continually improve and develop your skills. You will also be well rewarded with an excellent basic salary, company car and incredible company benefits.
The position will require travel, but you will be predominately based in the Burscough office with the Design Team.