The holding company's investment portfolio extends globally across private and public equity in multiple sectors and industries such as Trading & Contracting, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Hospitality, Industrial & Manufacturing, Acquisition & Investment, and Financial Services.
The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with the Board of Directors, serving as managing director of corporate operations and as the main link between the different divisions within the holding company, its subsidiaries and related companies. The ideal candidate for this position must have previous corporate management experience and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities: In addition to the overall success of the company, the CEO is responsible for leading the development and execution of long-term strategies, with the goal of increasing shareholder value.
- Assure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assist the Board of Directors to articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its committees and individual members and help evaluate performance regularly.
- Work with the Board Chair/Vice-Chair to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- Focus the Board’s attention on long-term strategic issues.
- Manage the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues.
- Work with the Board officers and committee chairs to get the best thinking and involvement of each Board member and to stimulate each Board member to give his or her best.
- Create, communicate and implement operational, financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure Compliance with Board-approved policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective controls are in place and implement a reasonably-controlled business environment.
- Lead the development and implementation of the overall company’s strategy (short-and long-term).
- Create, communicate, and implement the company’s vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Set strategic goals and ensure they are measurable and describable.
- Formulate and implement the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business. Plan creation should involve significant input from the organization so that there is little pushback regarding implementation.
- Direct the company in line with the vision outlined by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the complete day-to-day operations of the company in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans. This includes the structure of the organization in a manner that facilitates and supports the operations.
- Assure a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff and freelancers. Assure process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff and freelancers.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of other executive leaders including chiefs, directors, and managers, depending on the company’s reporting structure. In the process of leading these senior leaders, the CEO makes certain that the strategic direction of the company is filtered down through the organization to ensure its achievement.
- Work closely with the COO (Chief Operating Officer), CFO (Chief Financial Officer), and CRO (Chief Risk Officer) to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors regarding investment risk and return.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Look at potential acquisitions or mergers under circumstances that will enhance shareholder value.
- Assess risks to the company and ensure they are monitored and minimized.
- Solicit advice and guidance, when appropriate, from the Board of Directors.
- Partner with other executive officers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability.
- Create a learning organization that will continue to grow and flourish and enhance the skills and abilities of employees.
- Evaluate the success of the company in reaching its goals. Making sure that each strategic goal is measurable or that the outcomes can be described in a way that an agreed upon picture is shared by the team.
- Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each division/department in partnership with other executive officers.
- Demonstrate the necessary leadership to make the company’s mission a success. This leadership includes providing leadership vision, leadership that attracts followers, and all other aspects of successful leadership.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Investment, Law or similar qualification.
- 15+ years of corporate managerial experience of which at least 5 years in a similar CEO position.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts.
- Commitment to results and business savvy. This position requires demonstrated experience in integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the following areas is required: investment, finance, human services, personnel, planning and evaluation, and governance.
- Excellent bilingual (Arabic/English) communication skills.
- ICPM (Institute of Certified Professional Managers) certification or equivalent is preferred.