Whilst science is usually associated with research based laboratories, there are plenty of exciting opportunities for those scientifically inclined yet more commercially focused. My client, a genetics and molecular biology, market leading Biotechnology Company with a global presence, is currently seeking the expertise of a Scientific Sales Team Lead/Supervisor to develop and mentor their team, whilst spearheading the sales department in providing their flagship products to market.
Scientific Sales Team Lead/Supervisor Key Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the global inside Sales team, ensuring incoming inquiries, complaints and other customer interactions are processed and resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor, mentors, coaches and trains the members of the Inside Sales team & provides regular & routine feedback on the team’s achievement of agreed performance metrics.
- Managing inbound customer inquiries and outbound customer contact, creating and qualifying sales leads, generating opportunities and securing orders.
- Reviews marketing qualified leads & reaches out to customers in the appropriate manner, generating opportunities for client business.
- Actions own leads and opportunities to generate customer orders & sales.
- Generates and issues quotations for standard products and services & answers questions on product pricing
- Records customer interactions into Horizon’s CRM system & ensures accuracy of customer data
- Partners with Marketing, Product Management and Sales teams to initiate and coordinate marketing campaigns and other sales lead generation activities
- Undertakes relevant project work and additional responsibilities as appropriate and agreed with the Global Head of Customer Services
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a life sciences related subject (essential)
- At least 2 years’ Sales Experience in a busy, dynamic environment. Previous experience selling scientific equipment/services is highly desired.
- Experience mentoring/guiding sales staff is desired but not absolutely essential.
- Knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage
- Excellent English skills in both written and verbal communications, with the ability to develop long lasting relationships with clients
- Strong client management skills, understanding how best to service their needs and what their requirements are from first contact
- Enthusiastic personality, able to transfer this in line with company goals and aspirations
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.