A number of roles are available for Protein Scientists and Senior Scientists to join an exciting and expanding biotech company in the Cambridge area. The roles will focus on the production, purification and characterisation or a range of therapeutic proteins prior to clinical candidate selection.
Senior Protein Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Clone, express therapeutic proteins using mammalian and bacterial expression systems
- Small and large scale protein purification using AKTA
- Characterisation of proteins using HPLC (RP, SEC, IEX, HIC)
- Biophysical analysis using SPR
- Carrying our pre-formulation protein stability studies
- Support the Tech transfer of assays developed in-house to external CROs
- An MSc (ideally PhD) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar
- A good knowledge of protein production, purification and characterisation techniques
- Experience with developing a wide range of analytical HPLC based assays for protein characterisation
- Excellent knowledge of a range of methodologies to characterise proteins (e.g. SPR, ELISA, SDSPAGE, Western blot)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret complex data
This opportunity as a Senior Protein Scientist is available immediately. If successful, you can expect to join an award winning, forward thinking organisation who truly value their employees.
Please call Max on 0161 942 4010 for more information.Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.