Job DescriptionMechanical Engineer
NES Global Talent are currently working with a with a global chemical manufacturing company who are looking to engage with an experienced Mechanical Engineer on a long term contract, based in Humberside.
It is a fantastic opportunity to be involved with an exciting portfolio of projects across the facility. You will join a multi-discipline team responsible for delivering the portfolio safely, reliably, on time and on budget in accordance with client HSSE, ethical standards, compliant with all relevant statutory requirements.
Accountable for preparing the project documentation required to progress through the clients capital value process.
Responsibilities for the role include;
- Lead the development of static mechanical design for the projects in accordance with the Statement of Requirements (SoR) and Basis of Design (BoD)
- Contribute to the development of project documentation as required
- Evaluate and recommend materials selection for projects
- Write mechanical specifications
- Produce deviation requests for deviations to agreed client Standards or Site Standing Orders
- Own and manage project mechanical risks
- Own mechanical engineering deliverables relating to static equipment and piping and their transition into site documentation
- Rigorously apply of the site management of change process to the projects
- Interact with SMEs, engineering contractor, procurement, manufacturing teams and vendors as required
- Ensure intellectual property is protected and international trade regulations are observed
- Champion process safety through Inherently Safer Design review, HAZOP, LOPA and other assurance activities
- Assure mechanical engineering deliverables produced by vendors or engineering contractor against SoR, BoD, and agreed codes and standards for the projects
- Lead quality assurance and integrity management activities for the projects
- Understand and satisfy responsibilities under the Construction Design Management (CDM) 2015 regulations.
- 5 years + industry experience in Chemical Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical or related process industries
- Relevant Engineering Degree or HNC minimum
- Strong knowledge of COMAH regulations