Job DescriptionRole: Safety Specialist - Projects
Location: Doha, Qatar
Type: Direct Hire, 3yr rolling contract
Package: Negotiable $USD/Month Net & Full Expat Package
Interviews will be in London 27th & 28th April - Candidates must currently be located in Europe and be available on the specified dates.
Candidates must have a Bachelors Degree to be considered (BSc, BEng, BA).
Manage and monitor the Safety, Health, Environment and Security procedures, plans and processes pertaining to Client mega NFE project to ensure safe execution of all projects as per Client HSEQ Policies and Procedures.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Ensuring the effective implementation of the Project Safety Management System in a dynamic Project environment with consideration to Safety, Quality, Cost and Schedule.
- Involved in strategic stewardship of project activities spanning multiple contractors, regional areas and work fronts. Needs effective working relationships with contracts, PMT and operating companies for continuous communication, coordination and advice to the Project Manager and Project Leadership Team
- Support creation and update of SHE & S deliverables as set out in project plans
- Provide direction and work effectively in a complex multinational and multi-cultural environment
- Support Projects in setting expectations for HSEQ management and safety activities and safety resources, and perform project-wide assessments (onshore and offshore) to determine need for process/program improvements.
- Develop / provide early QGPMS Plans / deliverables for Project Studies upto Concept stage.
- Support staffing plan, provide execution processes and supporting tools. Guide and assist projects with recruitment, onboarding and deployment of Safety Management resources on projects.
- Support preparation of HSE requirements for ITT Tender and conduct Contractor HSE evaluations.
- Review and approve Contractor HSEQ Systems and Plans for mega NFE construction project involving thousands of workers required as per QGPMS, e.g. Safety Management plan, Emergency response plan, Environment management, Security plans etc.
- Act as a focal point to facilitate coordination between PMT and various functions / SMEs inside HSEQ group.
- Assure implementation and verification of Safety processes on NFE Project sites from Corporate HSEQ perspective independent of PMT.
- Provide feedback to management on the effective implementation of the Project Safety Management System, stewardship of HSE performance indicators and management of HSEQ interfaces with stakeholders.
- Review HIPO and Recordable incident investigations from PMT / Contractor, facilitate incident investigations as per management direction; analyze data, confirm root causes and monitor effective implementation of corrective action plans.
- Maintain a comprehensive statistical database and roll-up reporting/progress from multiple projects; analyze KPIs and data for leading and lagging trends, devise strategies and advise HSEQ and Major Projects management for continuous improvement.
- Support Emergency response preparedness for NFE project coordinated with the OPCO and among various Project sites.
- Facilitate sharing of safety focus areas, safety Alerts, lessons learned, and best practices between corporate HSEQ and all the Major Projects.
- Monitor and apply industry and international best practices for SHE&S management of large capital projects in oil and gas sector.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative positive working relationship with Project Management Team (PMT) and EPC Contractors ensuring alignment with Project SHE&S expectations.
- Delegate for and act as a stand-in support to Head, Projects Safety
- Degree in Science, Engineering or management with a formal qualification in SHE&S management.
- 12 years of experience as a HSEQ / SHE&S professional, minimum 3 years in leadership roles.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas, construction, marine or similar industries in HSEQ management of engineering, construction and commissioning projects, systems completions coordination, hook up/commissioning, and start up activities. Worldwide experience with EPC contractors.
- Experience in implementation of HSEQ systems and building HSEQ capability and competence in a new project construction and start up
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications