Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Field EHS Coordinator contract role (likely will transition to staff). The role is based in Fort Saskatchewan on a 5/2. Individuals must be local or have their own accommodations as no LOA will be given.
- Directs, plans, establishes, and implements a variety of occupational health, safety, environmental loss prevention programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees and contractors.
-Ensure all resources, policies and procedures are kept current.
-Continued implementation of Client's internal inspection program, contractor management program and orientation program.
-Participate in project kick off meetings, work with PC representatives to improve their EHS understanding and performance.
-Audit contractors to ensure their EHS systems are fully implemented.
-Participate in the Hazard id and Formal Level Hazard Assessment programs with all area’s of the company.
-Inspection of wellsite, facility, construction, drilling and completion sites.
- Provides expertise, guidance & support to the Field & Area teams in the area of Regulatory Compliance.
-Participation in and implementation of the safety meeting program.
-Conducts incident investigations as necessary.
-Act as a company liaison with area regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates Accident and Incident Investigations as required.
-Maintains training requirements for employees and contractors.
- Coordinates required response to Regulatory inspections.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Corporate, Facility, and Well- specific Emergency Response Plans. Contact for Emergency Response call downs.
- Individuals should have a minimum of 5 years oil and gas experience specializing in the field of Environment Health and Safety.
- Preference will be given to CRSP, CRST or other professional designation however it is not a requirement.
Minimum training requirements:
TDG WHMIS H2S Alive
Wildlife Awareness NORM awareness Confined Space Awareness
Ground Disturbance Awareness Incident Investigation