Reports directly to the Process Services Manager and will support all Facility Operation and Maintenance departments for PSM related activities. This PSM Leader has ownership and responsibility for all relevant PSM activities.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of OSHA PSM, Responsible Care, and EPA – RMP regulations.
- Has understanding of organizational structure and has ability to recognize site programs/projects that require PSM activities.
- Familiarity with the various applicable federal, state, and local agencies and applicable laws, regulations, codes, standards, and permits required to operate LNG terminals (DOT, OSHA, USCG, EPA, FERC, NFPA, etc..).
- Champion the PSM elements across the various site departments.
- Manage and facilitate PHA and other risk assessment processes.
- Manage the site’s process units initial and revalidation HAZOP program.
- Ensure PSSRs are performed when required and meet the requirements of the PSSR standard, in planning, execution, and reporting.
- Provide technical leadership and support to identify hazards, evaluate the risk of those hazards, and assist in the development of effective solutions to mitigate risk.
- Perform periodic PSM evaluations.
- Supports the Incident Management Process and Incident Investigations.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze trends in Key Performance Indicators.
- Support the MOC Process to determine whether PSSRs and PHAs are required.
- Train and mentor others in process safety to understand, identify and reduce process safety risk. Able to inform, train and track training for site staff on process safety.
- Convenes regular performance review meetings to review status, progress and barriers for timely delivery of PSM requirements, inclusive of key performance indicator reviews. Develops and issues process safety reports.
- Support the delivery of the Site Self-Assessment Plan requirements as it relates to PSM activities.
- Participate in “completion” walk-downs and Pre-Start Safety Reviews if/as required.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Process Services Manager as defined within the PSM Standard and associated process safety procedures.
- Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering required; Chemical/Mechanical Engineering preferred
- A Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is a plus.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) in good standing status.
- Minimum of ten (10+) years related experience in the Oil, Gas or Chemical Industry, or equivalent military experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in application of PSM in oil and gas industry with thorough knowledge and understanding of all OSHA PSM elements, Process Operations, and Process Safety Risk Management.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- Experience and knowledge of process safety principles, methodologies and tools.
- Able to understand and assess risks based on operating process plant changes and lead a team through a robust risk assessment of physical changes to an operating process plant (based on P&ID’s, ISO’s, Electrical Drawings, Cause and effects, Safe Operating Limits, Technical Drawings, Facility Siting, MSDSs, Fire Hazard Analysis )
- Adept in report writing for PSM and skilled in leading a diverse technical and operations team through complex process operations conversations.
- Knowledgeable in the requirements of OSHA 1910.119.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.