Are you an experienced Research Scientist with a background in the production, purification and characterisaiton of therapeutic proteins / antibodies with experience in late stage formulation and stability stduies? We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join the Protein Sciences group of an exciting an expanding immuno-oncology biotech in cambridge to manage late stage preclinical projects and deliver candidtaes to the clinic.
- Production, purification and characterisation of lead protein / antibody drug candidates
- Management of biologics pre-formulation and stability studies
- Gram scale purification of proteins using AKTA
- Scale up of mammalian and bacterial fermentation processes
- Characterisation of proteins by HPLC (SEC, RP, IEX)
- Development and transfer of methods to CROs
- Supervision and training of junior members of staff
- MSc (ideally PhD) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering or similar
- Industry research experience in the development of protein or antibody therapeutics
- A knowledge of formulation and stability studies
- Practical experience in protein production, purification and characterisation
- A motivated team player who is passionate about delivering life changing treatments to patients.