Job DescriptionField Engineering / Construction Coordinator Position
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The Field Engineering / Construction Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical and project management support to the Construction Manager
- Provides technical and project management support to the Construction Manager
- Attends progress and coordination meetings
- Assists in initiating change management process and preparing change request forms for any design modifications identified during construction.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and forwarding of RFIs to the PMT for resolution. Also responsible for maintaining a RFI log register.
- Responsible for providing clarifications to construction contractors in relation to project and site specifications, technical documents and drawings.
- Assists the Construction Manager with the inventory and management of free-issue material.
- Tracks and actions RFIs, NCRs, PCNs, and DCNs
- Ensures contractor compliance to schedules, drawings, codes and ITPs
- Ensure all construction contractors, and other third parties construction activities are preformed and meet contractual requirements and obligations while adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and safe work practices.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering (min a technical diploma)
- 2-10 years’ experience as a Field Engineer, Construction Coordinator or similar technical role
- Previous Field construction experience
- Familiar with project change management process
- General understanding of engineering and technical deliverables
- Willing to work 6 &1 work schedules
- Resides in Alberta
- Motivated and capable to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Fire Extinguisher
- Confined Space - Entry
- Fall Protection Training
- Fit Testing
- Principles of Gas Detection & Monitoring
- Ground Disturbance 101
- H2S Alive
- OHS Standard First Aid, AED & CPR Level A
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oil and gas Owner organization experience is preferred but not required
- Well organized and able to manage numerous programs and systems
- Work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (service providers, vendors and contractors)
- Sets high goals and standards of performance for self and has a personal commitment to maintaining professional competency through continuing education, training and developmen
- Must have an Engineering Diploma or Degree
- 2-10 years of experience in oil and gas
- Must have multi-disciplined experience in industrial projects (Oil and Gas is preferred, but would consider other industries like pulp and paper)
- Project Management experience
- 6/1 Shift
- No camp but $150/day LOA
- $150/ Truck (for first 150 km’s - then $1/km)
- $75/day for Communication
- Position located in Lloydminster