NES are working with a leading Chemical Manufacturing company who are looking to engage with an Infrastructure Technician on a long term contract basis, located in West Yorkshire.
The opportunity is a site based role in a top tier COMAH chemical manufacturing environment. You will be joining an existing team responsible for carrying out and supervising routine maintenance, controlling collection and disposal of Chemical Wastes, carrying out risk assessments for tasks and replenishment of lab consumables.
Our client is looking for a candidate who has experience working in a brownfield chemical environment and they are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
- Key contact for outages to critical building services and equipment in Process Technology and Process Hazards.
- Contribute to the planning as required and to projects as outlined by the Infrastructure Coordinator, ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Act as Originator for Management of Change activities and progress work through thorough communication with Authorised Risk Assessors.
- Control chemical waste produced by Process Technology and Process Hazards in line with current procedures, SLA and as directed by Infrastructure Coordinator.
- Be a point of contact for waste issues and organise / plan disposal with site contractor. Control waste segregation and movement in the area by physical and mechanical means (Forklift, pallet truck).
- Carry out manual handling tasks.
- Provide critical consumables to the Process Technology area as per the SLA.
- Monitor stocks, move materials and aid area staff with procurement.
- Provide advice regarding procurement best practice.
- Contribute to other Standard Work and team activities as agreed with the Infrastructure Coordinator.
- Manage/set day to day priorities in light of resource constraints, outages and of the ongoing activities.
- Contribute to longer term planning activities as outlined by the Infrastructure Coordinator.
- Use appropriate tools to record and monitor ongoing work.
- Produce work summaries/reports as requested by the Infrastructure Coordinator.
- Communicate with development, HSE, regulatory and other functions as required to ensure compliance is maintained.
- HSE understanding of hazards and risk assessments
- Planning and organisation of own work and tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools is essential and experience of SAP would be beneficial
- Forklift truck licence