Job DescriptionOur Client delivers full EPC management solutions to the Oil & Gas industry and focuses on Midstream and Transmission markets. They operate in a very fast-paced business with a great culture and flexible working environment. Through continued growth, expansion and project wins, they have an excellent opportunity for a Senior SCADA Engineer to join its thriving Houston office.
Independently performs engineering activities related to all phases of a typical enterprise SCADA system lifecycle, including turnkey design, systems integration, construction support, operational support, and design enhancements required to improve system functionality.
- Develop turnkey designs and provide Client operational support for enterprise SCADA systems.
- Configure, update, and troubleshoot SCADA systems, relational databases, business data interfaces, and supporting infrastructure such as servers and operating systems.
- Design HMI screens, dashboards, trends, and analytical data reports.
- Develop maintenance schedules typical to a SCADA system such as point and alarm audits, historian thinning and other system maintenance tasks.
- Assist with design, maintenance, documentation and support of network communications with remote operating sites.
- Evaluate and test new software products.
- Participate in system commissioning and startup activities, or other field assignments as required. Expected travel is 25%.
- BS (or higher) degree in Engineering or Computer/Information Science.
- 6+ years’ experience with CygNet (preferred), OASyS and/or ClearSCADA SCADA platforms.
- 6+ years’ experience with OSI PI (preferred), SQL Server and/or MySQL relational databases.
- Proficient in the development of analytical data reports.
- Strong working knowledge of standard industrial protocols such as Modbus, Ethernet/IP, ROC Ethernet, or OPC.
- Knowledge and understanding of good project management practices related to project initiation, planning, execution, and cost controls.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.