Job DescriptionCell Line Development Scientist – Cambridge – Permanent
In vitro cell models have become the most widely used platform for discovering and developing viable therapeutic candidates in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sector. My client, a leading biotechnology company involved in early discovery to mid-phase biotherapeutic and ADC drug development, is currently seeking the expertise of a Cell Line Development Scientist to join their expanding team.
Cell Line Development Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Broad theoretical knowledge of molecular and cell biology
- Strong experience of mammalian cell culture, including passage of cells and transfection of cells for protein production, preferably using CHO cells
- Experience of basic analytical techniques including ELISA and SDS/PAGE. Flow cytometry and kinetic binding assay experience would be an advantage
- Experience of protein purification using affinity chromatography. Familiarity with other chromatographic techniques would be an advantage
- Experience of basic molecular cloning techniques, PCR and DNA sequence analysis
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
Cell Line Development Scientist Key Requirements:
- BSc/MSc in a Life Science subject with associated industry experience OR PhD.
- Molecular biology skills and a good understanding of genetics
- Strong cell culture experience with good aseptic technique
- Good organisational ability to plan and prioritise work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
If you possess the necessary requirements, please call Charles on 01619427163