Phage display, a technique originally pioneered by Dr John McCafferty, has driven a tremendous amount of pipeline therapeutics since its inception and continues to do so. My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the Cambridge region is currently seeking the expertise of numerous Phage Display Scientists (RA, Scientist, Senior Scientist) to drive innovation of their proprietary platform with respect to therapeutic Bio-Pharmaeutical development. These roles are available due to new contracts being landed and as such, the company is experiencing a phase of rapid expansion, with prospective plans to greatly disrupt the peptide drug market!
Phage Display Scientists (RA, Scientist, Senior Scientist) Key Responsibilities:
- Design and perform target antigen quality control
- Biotinylating target proteins and fully characterising the product for functional activity.
- Design and generate random and/or rationally designed DNA display libraries for both naïve and affinity maturation.
- Execute manual or automated phage display panning against protein targets
- Characterize phage derived candidates hits via SPR/BLI (Biacore or Octet), ELISA and cell-based assays.
- Sequence phage candidates and sub-clone candidates into the appropriate protein expression system for small scale production
- Design and execute affinity maturation library build and selections.
- Present work in periodic internal group meetings.
- Maintaining a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities
- BSc/MSc in a relevant Biological subject eg BioMedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology etc
- A high level of lab-based competency in molecular biology, manipulating DNA and creating
- expression constructs.
- Experience working in a busy laboratory, previous industry experience working with phage, immunoasays and cell culture is preferred
- An individual who is proactive who can work both collaboratively and independently when required.
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.