Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an Asphalt Operator for a 6 month contracts in Lethbridge, AB. All Candidates must be local or find their own accommodations as no LOA or camp will be provided
Position Summary: Reporting to the plant Manager, responsible for assisting in all aspects of plant operations.
Depending on job level, duties may include:
- Loading and unloading trucks with asphalt or emulsified asphalt products
- Heating and unloading railcars of asphalt or other bulk liquids
- Operating and maintaining equipment including pumps, mills, forklifts, other mobile equipment.
- Receiving, shipping, storing, blending and heating asphalt, emulsion and chemicals used in manufacturing of emulsified asphalt
- Boiler supervision
- Production of emulsified asphalt products
- Order taking from customers
- Product handling including loading, unloading, heating and blending products
- Ensuring safe work practices and adhering to company policy and procedures. Maintain personal training matrix and safety scorecard compliance
- Order taking
- Proper completion of inventory and shipping documentation
- Maintain all equipment in a proper and safe manner
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- 0-12 months minimum experience in manufacturing or industrial operations role
- Basic computer proficiency and proficiency with Word, Excel, E-mail and SAP
- Post-secondary education/training
- 4th class Power Engineering certificate
- A strong mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills