Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within Canada. Our client, a large Midstream company is looking for a LNG Construction Manager for a role in Kitimat BC. This role is site based.
The LNG Construction Manager will be based in Kitimat, BC and act as the most senior representative at the project site. The successful incumbent will have the following overall accountabilities:
• Set compliance and delivery standards/expectations for the project including managing safety, environment, ethics and relationships
• Deliver key aspects including construction quality, contract management, project controls and efficient execution
• Lead and coordinate the construction of the Clients delivered scope both onsite and offsite
• Provide Owner Oversight and Assurance for the EPC executed scope; supporting and guiding the EPC
• Maintain strong and transparent external relationships with key stakeholders in Kitimat
Skills & Requirements:
• 20 years of leadership experience in dealing with large, multi-location teams
• University degree in Engineering or Construction Management
• Proven track record in a senior leadership capacity on mega projects within the oil and gas industry. Project execution in Canada preferred but not essential.
• Experience interfacing as a client with a major EPC during project execution.
• Experience with major fabricated module installation and hook-up at site on a mega project.
• LNG experience would be beneficial but not essential.
• Ability to establish strong and sustained relationships with internal and external stakeholders, specifically at a local level.
• Experience with EPC Lump Sum Contract Management.