Job DescriptionR&D Scientist - Perm - IVD - Highly Competitive Salary
I am currently recruiting a R&D Scientist position with a global leading Biotechnology and Medical device company. This position is based in their toxicology department and is responsible for developing, validating and supporting new drug abuse tests within a fast paced multidisciplinary team focus on ringing out state of the art rapid diagnostic kits.
- Assist with development, verification and validation of new lateral flow drugs of abuse immunoassay's products in saliva
- Design robust experimentation strategies and conduct complex experiments to support the department research projects and guidelines
- Work within a team to solve problems that arise throughout the design, development, validation and product support stages of the product life cycle
- Use analytical techniques to characterize what influences product performance and conduct optimization studies to get to the best design
- Maintain records of laboratory activities according to regulatory procedures.
- Author and execute verification and validation studies and reports
- Help resolve issues identified during studies or other steps towards final development
- Author documents to support the Quality System and ISO 13485 accreditation (Planned Deviations, Unplanned Deviations, CAPAs, technical justifications)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Degree in a related scientific field (Toxicology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Immunology, Molecular Biology etc)
- Ideally have scientific experience developing assays (prefferably lateral flow, however not essentail)
- Role will include operating some semi-automated and automated pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment, and will involve working with some hazardous laboratory chemical and potentially infectious human samples
- Individual will be expected to provide samples for R&D testing.
Please apply online or for more informaiton please call Paul