Are you PhD qualified with a background in Cancer Biology / Immunology and interested in the opportunity to join a well funded and established biotech in London? We are seeking a Research Scientist, Immuno-oncology to join the Pharmacology team of a Biotech developing antibody based therapeutics to expand their internal capabilities and support the selection of preclinical drug candidates.
Scientist, Cancer Biology responsibilities:
Contribute to the companies growing pipeline of new product candidates that will be developed into the clinic. The daily work will include:
- The design, execution and data analysis of experiments aimed on the characterization of the mode of action of our antibodies and optimal translation of their use into the clinic.
- You will also provide exhaustive analysis of the literature, patent and public domain information relevant to our product candidates with the purpose of identifying opportunities and threats.
- Evaluation and interpretation of study data.
- You will also prepare scientific documentation such as study reports, drafting material for inclusion in patents or for the purpose of regulatory filing, as well as external and internal communication.
- A PhD in Life Science is required, preferably in oncology or immunology.
- Experience in cell biology and molecular biology techniques such as:
- 2D/3D cell culture
- In vitro cytotoxicity
- Antibody effector function assays (ADCC, CDC)
- Flow cytometry
- Microscopy including immunofluorescence and/or immunohistochemistry
- DNA/RNA analysis, RT-PCR, transient and stable transfections.
- Demonstrated competency in distilling large amounts of data in concise summaries focusing on the key findings and implications.
- Excellent written communication skills with direct experience in writing scientific academic papers, reports and presentations.
- Flexible person with excellent communication and team-player skills.
- Experience in cancer biology or immunology