Job DescriptionI am working with a global Pharmaceutical company based in Merseyside who have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a 12 month assignment
Engineers will be required to embrace multi-skilling and perform all assigned activities in accordance with regulatory requirements and company engineering, safety and quality systems.
This particular role will also require the Engineer to be fully conversant with safe systems of work, permitry requirements and compliance with Electrical Safety Rules including restrictions on Live Working, Isolations and LoTo systems plus inspection, release and energisation of new installations in accordance with current wiring regulations. The Engineer should also be trained on inspection and testing of Portable Appliances, statutory equipment inspections and Thermographic surveys.
Reporting to the Associate Director Engineering, the Site Engineer will perform both the day to day routine requirements, scheduled and unscheduled tasks as well as more varied project dependant tasks.
The job holder will also be expected to be part of an On-Call rota whereby they will be the initial point of contact for the resolution of any equipment or facility issues out of hours.
General Description of Responsibilities
As a member of the engineering department the successful candidate will be required to perform a wide range of activities associated with the scheduled and unscheduled electrical maintenance and/or calibration of equipment, systems and facility located on site
Carry out planned and unplanned preventative maintenance on all site equipment in accordance with regulatory guidelines and company procedures.
- Ensuring all associated documentation is completed fully in real time in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring that systems such as HVAC with HEPA filtration, steam boilers, LTHW boilers, compressed air systems and multiple water systems are maintained as per their validated status, thus ensuring compliance with all quality procedures and regulations.
- Continuously strive to improve equipment operation and offer solutions for best practice.
change control and investigation of deviations.
- Achieve compliance with all company and site SOP’s, written schemes of examination and production plans by forward planning for all tasks.
- Maintain a safe working environment by continuously promoting safety awareness, recognising and rectifying unsafe conditions and completing thorough investigations and reports when incidents occur.
- To understand and comply with HS&E rules and regulations with regards to the site.
- To communicate and co-operate with other departments such as production, QC, process development and QA.
- To participate in special projects and validation activities within GMP and the Lab areas.
- To maintain the condition and completion of his/her own training file to keep up to date with the latest SOP versions/revisions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths & English
- Electrical Engineering Qualifications (minimum national certificate)
- Time served electrical engineer
- Conversant with IEE Wiring Regulations and their application in industry
- Competent in Portable Appliance Inspection & Testing
- Demonstrated experience within a cGMP biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical environment would be a significant advantage
- Experience in GMP and clean room facilities, HVAC etc
- Experience working with MHRA/FDA guidelines
- 17th edition wiring regulations trained
For more information please contact -
+44 161 942 7137