Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas producer company, is currently seeking a Compliance Analyst on a 12 month contract based in Calgary, AB.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on business activities conducted by Commodity Trading, Canadian Marketing and Treasury.
- Ensure appropriate compliance coverage of the statutes, regulations and orders of Canadian and US governmental agencies that regulate company’s commodity marketing businesses.
- Provide day to day compliance monitoring and advice for energy purchases and sales.
- Maintain appropriate compliance monitoring and oversight for any over-the-counter and exchange trading activities in Canada and the US.
- Conduct daily and periodic trade reviews and monitoring trade repositories to verify accurate trade reporting.
- Assist with Compliance administered training of Competition Law, OTC Derivatives and anti-trust / market conduct regulations by internalizing work previously done by client and outside legal counsel.
- Ongoing advice and guidance is expected on compliance matters to and in respect of the supported businesses and other functional areas of the company.
- The Compliance Analyst will work directly with business units to support a sustainable culture of compliance.
- This position is expected to be familiar with U.S. Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Canadian derivatives regulations, Canadian and U.S. competition and anti-trust laws, and with industry trade compliance practices.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in a compliance related role.
- Five to seven years’ experience in an oil and gas marketing environment would be definite asset.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret changes to regulations and the impact to the business.
- Strong team dynamics as well as the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise effectively with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to anticipate, assess, and respond effectively to the needs of diverse customers both internal and external, making customer service the priority.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.