Site Security Advisor
|Job Title:||Site Security Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Greg Auburn|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 11:35|
Reports To: Security Lead
Requirements: Mozambican Nationals
The role of the Mozambique National Site Security Contact is to support the security program by implementing and providing quality assurance for Global Security best practices at site/s they are responsible for. The Site Security Contact (SSC) reports to and takes direction from the Security Lead who oversees the security program in Cabo Delgado Province (CDP). The role requires providing security direction and advice to affiliate, development and exploration organizations as applicable, normally via the site person-in-charge (PIC). The SSC requires good judgement, conflict resolution skills, interpersonal attributes and excellent contractor management skills. The SSC will be required to interface extensively with security service providers to quality control and ensure contract deliverables according to Global Security standards. A high level of coordination is required of this role and the ability to interface at all levels of the organization is required. At all times the SSC will be required to conduct themselves in a professional and approachable manner representing the face of the operational security department. The SSC is normally based in a single location but may be required to travel throughout Mozambique in the execution of the role.
Position Requirements: Optimal Skill Requirement:
• 5 years’ experience in a high threat environment in security or 10 years of progressively responsible experience within relevant commercial / industrial organizations.
• Ideal candidate would have minimum 5 years law enforcement, security, or military-related experience that includes exposure to staff supervision, security program administration, crime prevention and/or crisis management.
• Degree in the Security field, Policing, Criminology or Business Administration, or applicable experience o Knowledge of asset management and protection
o Security program management
o Security logistics
o Well versed with security legislation, policies and procedures
o Working knowledge of security systems and technologies
o Project management
o Knowledge of criminal investigation
o Knowledge of criminal intelligence / national intelligence
o Knowledge of crisis / disaster management planning
o Risk appreciation / identification and reduction
o Strong leadership skills
o Proven oral, written and active-listening skills
o Highly effective organizational, time management and analytical skills
o Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Job
Summary/Purpose: Security management programs for any or all of the below:
• Protection program for designated and covered persons
• Guard Force Management
• Contractor interface
• Interface with Logistics for Journey Management.
• Oversight of control room operations.
• Understudy to the Security Lead. Key Responsibilities:
• Implement, administer and coordinate all security operations for activities.
• Implement the Security Escort Teams quality assurance program.
• Participate in safety meetings and programs.
• Supervise, develop, coach and coordinate the work of subordinate security team.
• Contribute to the on-going development and implementation of security plans for covered site facilities and activities.
• Liaise with other development/project/exploration Security Department representatives.
• Develop and implement an effective security management program that includes policies, practices, procedures, equipment and technology required to respond quickly and appropriately to security emergencies and evacuations on a cost-effective basis.
• Keep current on security and asset protection technology.
• Ensure the Security Lead and as required the Site PIC’s are regularly appraised of security issues and investigations.
• Ensure the conduct of monthly meetings with security service providers.
• Steward all remote site works / or solo worker activities in accordance with security procedures.
• Assist the Logistics Department with monitoring and quality controlling of the journey management system onshore and offshore (as applicable).
• Adhere to the Values and Behavior Framework and demonstrate commitment to safety, security, environment, integrity, teamwork and excellence.
• Provide IMT support in the absence of the Security Lead..
• 28 days on / 28 days off (B2B Rotational Assignment) - to home location within Mozambique.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's