My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the Yorkshire region is currently seeking the expertise of a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Assay Development) to drive innovation of their proprietary platform with respect to therapeutic Bio-Pharmaceutical and reagent development. This role is available due to new contracts being landed and as such, the company is experiencing a phase of rapid expansion, with prospective plans to greatly disrupt the peptide drug market!
Research Associate (RA)/Senior RA (Assay Development) Key Responsibilities:
- Design, perform and validate target binding assays including ELISA, LFD assays, Agglutination assays, cell binding and cell-based activity assays.
- Liaise internally with different departments to ensure scientific targets are met.
- Present work in periodic internal group meetings.
- Maintaining a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities.
- BSc/MSc in a Life Science subject (preferably Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Biomedical Science)
- Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Strong experience with ELISA, LFD or Agglutination assays.
- Competent in data analysis and critical thinking, with the ability to decipher meaning from complex data.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Well organised individual with strong time management skills, able to work dynamically in a fast paced environment.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying