Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 2+ year contract assignment. 12-18 months in Houston before transitioning to site for construction.
Rate: $90-$100 per hour
The Project Engineer performs in a complex project environment, integrating and aligning combined resources, expertise, and experience to ensure that the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of the project is successfully completed. The ideal candidate will possess extensive modularization experience and have supported at least one project from FEED through the end of construction.
- Support project development and execution by effectively managing safety, quality, cost and schedule
- Assist Project Manager in all project development and execution phases
- Responsible for effective and efficient management and implementation of the project focusing on correct procedures, best practices, and project specific standards to ensure suitability and cost effective solutions
- Responsible for stewarding contractor’s performance, engaging/aligning key stakeholders, engaging discipline engineers and expert resources to complete to assigned scope consistent with the Project Objectives.
- Assist in the development of Project Execution plan and ensure it addresses proactive control of project scope, quality, cost and schedule. Report on progress, identify deviations, forecast trends, take corrective actions when necessary, promote communications, and coordinate the activities of all participants on the project
- Serve as interface between Project Management Team and contractor
- Monitor and appraise contractor’s performance and recommend corrective actions where deficiencies are detected
- Review and endorse MOC’s for designated scope and ensures implementation of change
- Ensure smooth transitions between project stages and between key stakeholders
- Provide guidance to ensure that the Detailed Engineering Package, MTO, and Construction Package & Procedures, Construction Management, Mechanical Completion & Pre-Commissioning, PSSR, and Commissioning Support are delivered according to procedures and standards.
- Provide oversight for the formal and systematic development of scope, schedule, responsibility, quality, and cost on task-by-task basis to allocate responsibility and focus on project goals.
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance with all technical procedures and standards as applicable to the contract.
- B.S. in Engineering
- 10-20 years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in the petrochemicals sector
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Modularization experience
- Multibillion dollar project experience
- Owner/Operator experience is preferred