Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently recruiting for a Civil/Structural Engineer for a contract role based in the North West.
The successful candidate will manage a multifunctional design team to meet business requirements by ensuring the definition, development, procurement and implementation of design & construction for a range of projects.
- Capable of producing designs and calculations for water treatment works / brine works, associated water retaining structures, underground services installation, SHW road works, SW drainage
- Directing people and resources, budget control, responsible to client for time / cost / standards
- Reviewing progress, identifying problems, checking work to specifications, approving work completion
- Undertake technical links, co-operation on joint projects, liaising with managers
- Knowledge and skills in project planning, people management, budgets, planning, setting milestones
- Capable of working on own initiative and some experience of supervising designers.
- Degree or HNC/HND
- Membership of Professional Institute
- Engineer with 7 to 10 years’ experience
- STAAD Pro for concrete
- Tekla spreadsheets for concrete and steel
- Autocad 2D and 3D. Experience of PDMS, Microstation, Masterseries or similar end connection design software.