Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Senior Project Planner/Scheduler in Calgary, AB. The ideal candidate will be local to Calgary or be willing to relocate.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate safety-oriented culture within the group and perform the work safely
- Strong oral and written communication skills are key to this role with ability to interface with broad skill base
- Demonstrate project stage-gate progression understanding and tie to key activities
- Facilitate project meetings to develop integrated project schedules and document supporting schedule basis and maintenance plan
- Work with project and opportunity management teams to develop early project schedules (pre-gate 2B) at the right level of detail to support project gate reviews
- Ensure Project Schedule activities are coded by the project work breakdown structure for cost / schedule integration and analysis.
- Manage multiple integrated schedules at an appropriate level of detail to facilitate risk identification, decision making and project progression
- Ongoing communication with the responsible teams to ensure buy in and credibility of the schedule is maintained through frequent updates
- Define and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis and notify project management status of critical activities and schedule risks.
- Produce consolidated progress reports and analysis
- Conduct “what-if” scenarios, recovery plans, contingency planning and identify schedule compression opportunities.
- Perform schedule risk analysis (gather data, input data, analyze, report) on a periodic basis or as required.
- Seek innovation in scheduling and execution plans that could improve project economics
- Functional support to independent project reviews.
- Support standardization of Schedule Management deliverables and processes across all assets to achieve efficiencies within the team
- Provide support on development of project cost expenditure forecast curves and ensures that the MOC process is followed and integrated with project cost forecasting
- University or Technical School Graduate
- Language: English
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- 7+ years of major oil & gas industry project experience from early stage development planning through construction
- 5+ years of experience scheduling with Primavera P6
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication and facilitation skills
- Experience in project management, portfolio management is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Project, Excel and Word
- Proven ability to work independently, take direction and work with all levels of management and project staff.
- Reports to project controls senior specialist
- Well Delivery Project teams supporting integrated winter program (IWP), Deep Basin, and backup support to all Well Delivery Projects (Sustaining Capital, Redrill / Redev, Marten Hills).
- Direct interfaces with project controls team members as well as managing interfaces with multiple functions, Project Management Teams and Construction Management Teams.