Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has been tasked to recruit a Senior Project Engineers across all disciplines (Mechanical/Structural/Electrical/Piping) to joining their team to commence works for a large Pilbara based project with a leader in Iron Ore Operations.
The Senior Project Engineers will work closely with the Engineering Design team, the Integrated Project Management team and with external Vendors in a cross-functional role across several disciplines. The scope of duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Verify technical specifications and assist in the preparation of tender documents, compliant with IBO standards and procedures;
- Assist the Area Manager / Project Manager with sensitive and/or critical packages that require special attention;
- Project planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting to ensure project milestones and deliverables are on schedule and within budget;
- Provide technical advice and design inputs to the engineering design team to enhance progress and quality of work;
- Write and collate studies or project-related report documents;
- Provide data to allow the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of packages to ensure project milestones and deliverables are on schedule and within budget;
- Track every allocated work Package by Budget, Forecast and Cost to Completion. Feedback to Commercial department on Contractual issues with the Vendor.
- Change Management including documentation of all changes including Technical, Schedule and Cost. All changes to be highlighted and verified against the Change Management Register.
- Identify critical project issues and deal with engineering issues swiftly to minimise technical, commercial or schedule risk;
- Establish relationships with Client and Subcontractors whilst meeting IBO communication requirements; and
- Procurement phase: communicate with suppliers for Vendor Drawing & Data Requirements.
- Adhere to and remain updated on all Company policies and procedures as outlined in Company documentation which is amended from time to time; Uphold the spirit of all laws in force affecting the business conduct of the Company;
Your engagement on this project will be as a casual contractor. Initial contract length is estimated to be 12 Months with great potential for further extension based on project requirements and performance.