Job DescriptionJunior Analyst – Permanent – Basingstoke
Junior Analyst Essentials:- Advanced Excel knowledge including VBA. Experience working with databases (Access, SQL Server or MySQL). Experience using Oracle or SAP would be a bonus. Experience with using Qlikview (preferable). Mathematics A Level preferable (minimum GCSE C Grade or above). Excellent Excel skills. Able to work with large datasets and confident in the use of Excel’s tools to mass identify or manipulate data e.g. vlookup, concatenation, countif, sumif, if statements etc.
Junior Analyst Role
- Own and manage various scheduled internal and external reporting duties. Mainly Excel based.
- Assist in ad-hoc reporting requirements from the business.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Vendor Reporting portal, configuring new and administering existing reports.
- Liaising with external vendors to answer coherence queries.
- Assist our pricing team with any reporting requirements to analyse customer spend and margins
- Responsible for the maintenance of our internal item category structure, deciding new category names, reducing the number of category duplications and look to improve the category structure.
- Assist in any product migrations for any of our intra-company integrations.
- Liaising with the external sources to improve data completeness and quality, ensuring internal data is consistent by building validation on data.
- Monitor and improve our item data quality to external customers. Identify commonalties and build these into our MDM solution.
- Responsible for maintaining Soft Bundles
- Produce mailing lists for our marketing team based on their specific brief.
- Improve data quality by reducing duplications or errors.
- Integrate any prospect lists, identifying any existing accounts and adding any new ones.
- Ownership for our CRM database and instrumental in its future development.
- Excellent Excel skills. Able to work with large datasets and confident in the use of Excel’s tools to mass identify or manipulate data e.g. vlookup, concatenation, countif, sumif, if statements etc.
- A University graduate, preferably in a Statistical, Economics or Computer Science discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar position is desirable but not necessary.
- Able to work with other departments to improve data quality.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of GDPR, PECR, Ethics and Compliance regulations.
- Hard working, strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Advanced Excel knowledge including VBA
- Experience working with databases (Access, SQL Server or MySQL) would be preferable
- Experience using Oracle or SAP would be preferable
- Experience with using Qlikview would be preferable
- Mathematics A Level preferable (minimum GCSE C Grade or above)