Duration: Short term contract
Location: Home based office
- Supervises a team of mechanical engineers who design, develop, and test all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Applies principles and techniques of mechanical engineering to accomplish goals.
- May work with other engineering teams to increase efficiency, production quality, and volume.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company. Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company's and contractor's engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
- Evaluate / comment work performed by the
- Contractor and sub-contractors to insure that the work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
- Identify and assess deviations to
- Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to Company procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log.
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and subcontractors
- as well as technical information requests
- Keep Lead Engineer or
- Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor's and subcontractor's locations
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 20+ years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt totight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications