To contribute to the achievement of global procurement value improvement targets for Manufacturing and ensure that the maximum benefit is derived from the strategic procurement of Manufacturing spend.
- Participates in, and leads as needed, planning processes to identify upcoming needs. Communicates with internal stakeholders regarding their needs and solicit feedback and participation.
- Develops sourcing and contracting strategies as required, given project or service requirements (e.g. lump sum, T & M), and chooses contracting vehicles appropriate to situation.
- Qualifies or pre-qualifies contractors to assurance capabilities in areas such as safety and health, financial well-being (e.g. bonding capability), labor and equipment rates, employment/resource levels, licenses, reference checks and background check policy implementation. Develops approved contractors lists, maintain sub-contractor lists, and work with end users in scope development as appropriate.
- Negotiates key commercial terms and conditions. Analyzes RFQ packages and labor rates. Develops awareness of associated risks with key stakeholders.
- Liaises with Legal and Risk Management staffs as required to ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk.
- Monitors contractor performance. Utilizes existing systems to manage contracts and related information.
- Tracks and documents scope of work changes. Communicates with contractors as focal point for ongoing issue resolution, including warranty issues.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur in developing category strategies and contracts within the site and cluster.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by soliciting RFI’s, RFP’s, market analysis, counter estimates and negotiating agreements.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by developing and maintaining required (management) reports, spend analysis and reporting value improvements.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur in registering and amending contracts in SAP, Ariba and other electronic tools.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by communicating with vendors and (internal) customers.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by obtaining information required by the Category Managers.
- College degree preferred (Bachelor’s degree Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in procurement
- Business Acumen and Results oriented
- Contract Negotiation
- Customer Focus / Stakeholder Engagement
- Team player
- Experienced with SAP, Ariba, Word, Excel and
- SCM system and category / process knowledge
- Risk Management
- Relationship Management
- Project Management