To ensure success your team skills should be as good as your technical aptitude, and you need to be well-versed in Safe Work procedures. Top candidates are detail-oriented, organized and friendly.
HVAC Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing HVAC systems.
- Troubleshooting defective HVAC systems and equipment to make diagnoses.
- Performing preventative maintenance by cleaning reheat coils and air handling units, and monitoring and calibrating air handling units.
- Improving and optimizing efficiency of facility HVAC systems.
- Fixing, replacing and adjusting vents, and ductwork.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Keeping daily logs and records of maintenance functions.
- Maintaining service truck.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Health and Safety Act.
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- Alberta Red Seal Journeyman ticket or registered apprentice
- 2+ year commercial HVAC experience.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Proficient electrical and mechanical diagnostic skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Physically agile, dexterous, and able to work in confined spaces and at heights.
Must have experience in installing and servicing HVAC’s, Air Make-up Units, air conditioning and Boilers and Hot water tanks. Ability to execute and maintain effective preventive maintenance program.
Strong technical background with industry experience, communication skills, organization skills, good with paperwork, customer service, high level of safety knowledge along with a can do mindset.
Must have a valid Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic license with a red seal or 3rd/4th year apprentice status.