Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 2+ year contract assignment
Rate: $85-$100 per hour
This position is to support Mega Projects as part of the Engineering & Project Management team in the Petrochemical industry. This role will be accountable for all electrical technical engineering deliverables, supporting capital efficiency programs, supporting studies & options while implementing Environmental, Safety, & Security (EHSS) standards as it pertains to process design throughout the life of the project.
The ideal candidate will have combined exposure to field and office work related to Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning. Modularization experience is highly preferred.
- Meet and communicate with EPC contractor
- Interdisciplinary communication within Owner project team.
- Review electrical specifications, data sheets and other design documents; provide written comments to EPC Contractor within given time frame
- Review inspection test plans related to electrical equipment.
- Review and participate in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) & Site Acceptance Test.
- Knowledge of commissioning and start-up; site checks and first operation.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to the EPC vendor and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of the project.
- Participates in reviews of One line diagrams.
- Participates in the preparation of electrical equipment lists.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services' activities.
- Supervises and directs the activities of other personnel in his team.
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Medium voltage area (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
- Full project lifecycle experience is preferred.
- Experience as an Owner engineer, on site or as part of project team is required.