E & I Maintenance Planner
- Plans and schedules any Routine Maintenance work required
- Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines. Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events.
- Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position. Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression.
- Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan.
- Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
- Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline.
- Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management.
- Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO's).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Routine Plant Electrical Planner
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience
- Electrical planning and Heat Trace maintenance experience an asset.
- Technical certification preferred with a journey person certificate Red Seal Electrician or similar/equivalent education.
- Expert knowledge of plant maintenance processes and oil sands maintenance programs.
- Superior working knowledge of SAP.
- Familiarity with heavy industry planning, scheduling and execution concepts.
- Continuous improvement skills and commitment to best practices.