Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
NES Global Talent in partnership with a well known, multinational Oil & Gas company is seeking a Manufacturing Process Safety Manager (PSM) for a direct hire position to be based in Houston, TX. The Manufacturing PSM Manager will create and sustain the necessary culture to successfully execute PSM at the company’s multiple chemical manufacturing blend and reaction plants in the US.
Responsibilities - Process Safety Manager
- Lead PSM program implementation and improvements for the company’s multiple chemical manufacturing blend and reaction plants in the US.
- Work with the Plant Managers, site HSE professionals, and Operations teams in a matrix organization to provide technical guidance, execute work, and drive accountability in the pursuit of PSM excellence.
- Establish and cement a visible, uncompromising PSM culture of excellence through training, coaching, and employee interaction.
- Validate PSM and RMP compliance at the manufacturing locations thru audits and site visits.
- Be available to lead or assist the plants in PHA’s, Hazop’s and PSM incident investigations for major projects or significant incidents as appropriate. Ensure other designated leaders and participants are properly trained, and regularly review these items in conjunction with site HSE professionals and management teams to confirm quality and thoroughness.
- Develop and execute the sharing of best practices between the different facilities.
- Work with leadership to ensure Corrective Action Plans and Tracking are in place for PSM generated action items, that metrics are collected and reported on the status of these action plans, and that past due items are highlighted and expeditiously addressed.
- Provide support for Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) reviews for those areas of risk that need a post PHA assessment and review.
- Participate in the companies Commercialization process to ensure PHA’s are conducted and any changes to PSM and RMP documentation are made for all new products in development.
- Assist the manufacturing plants and Corporate HSE in their Hazard Assessment modeling in accordance with local requirements and as required under RMP. Conduct updates as needed and ensure resubmittals are made timely.
- Be available to participate in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR’s) for major plant expansion, significant capital projects, or other MOC’s on highly hazardous processes. Periodically review the site PSSRs in conjunction with site HSE professionals for quality and completeness
- Support the plants when interface is required with regulatory agencies as it relates to PSM
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred or Mechanical Engineer acceptable with relevant PSM experience
- 10 years minimum of relevant chemical or petrochemical plant experience with covered processes
- PHA/HAZOP Leader Trained and experience leading same
- A strong understanding and experience in OSHA PSM and RMP regulations
- Understand how to execute a Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across organization lines in a collaborative manner
- Possesses a high level of initiative and is able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Maintains a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and possesses the ability to effectively work under pressure and with changing priorities
- Proven ability to develop and implement processes, influence operations, and build consensus opinions
- Ability to have impact and influence over others in a matrix organization
- Ability to travel as necessary to execute the responsibilities of the position
- Strong leadership/change agency skills are a must
- Willingness to travel to multiple sites