The Pressure Equipment, Pipe and Tank Integrity Team in Technical Services provides technical leadership, operations support and knowledge-based services in the area of pressure equipment, piping and tank integrity.
This position provides integrity support and leadership to the Lloydminster Heavy Oil Facilities through the development of effective/economic equipment inspections strategies and integrity assessments. This position works in a multi-disciplinary team environment with operations, engineering, and maintenance staff. Responsibilities include the development of repair and alteration procedures, liaison with regulatory jurisdictions and identification of corrosion mitigation techniques. The key focus is ensure equipment meets integrity and reliability targets and government regulations, reduce failures, minimize operating costs and extend the life of Client assets.
- Maintain, optimize, and report on the plant and field asset integrity programs including pressure equipment, tank and piping
- Routine and turnaround integrity visual inspection and non-destructive examinations planning, scheduling and execution
- Corrosion monitoring, inhibition and mitigation measures programs
- Cathodic protection
- Perform and/or coordinate pressure equipment, tank, piping, and aboveground pipeline integrity inspections
- Complete pressure equipment, tank, piping and aboveground pipeline integrity assessments and provide recommendations for corrosion mitigation and production optimization.
- Develop overpressure protection device integrity and production optimization strategies based upon maintenance and inspection history.
- Assist with the design and implementation of Risk-Based Integrity Management Program.
- Develop repair/alteration procedures or review engineering work packages for material selection, weld procedure acceptance, specification and regulatory compliance and application of asset integrity principles.
- Alberta and/or Saskatchewan Certified Pressure Equipment Inspector certificate
- API 510 Pressure Equipment Inspector
- Experience in oil & gas inspection and corrosion mitigation – 10 years
- Working knowledge of applicable jurisdictional regulations, codes and standards (ASME, API, AER, CSA)
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices in oil and gas production accompanied by a superior safety attitude.
- Working knowledge of sweet and sour gas and oil processing/refining plants and equipment
- Strong computer skills especially with Microsoft office products
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and organizing abilities
- Ability to work and set priorities in a multitask environment with minimal supervision
- Must be physically fit for field work and capable of working at heights in excess of fifty feet and in confined spaces.
- Assets would be API 570, API 653, API 571
- CGSB Level 2 NDE certifications in UT/MT/PT
- NACE Basic Corrosion, CSA W178.2 Level II Welding Inspector
- NACE Corrosion Technologist Certifications
- NACE Specialist Certifications
- NACE CP or CIP Certifications
- CGSB Level 2 NDE Certification in UT/PT/MT
- CSA W178.2 Level II Welding Inspector
- Professional Engineer (APEGGA)
- Technologist (ASET)
- Working knowledge of SAP-PM functionality