Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently recruiting for a TAR Area Engineer for a contract role based in the North West.
The successful candidate will responsible for all work in the area, and for event control systems such as Toolbox Talks, Audits, Meetings, Resource numbers, priorities, E/N work, progress against plan, engineering standards (M/E/I), and handover of systems
- Complete engineering on systems as declared in final schedule issue before the overhaul start.
- Achieve area budget set 4 weeks out from execution.
- Undertake the responsibility and ownership of all elements associated with the preparation of achieving a successful event such
- Monitor and manage the area team including resource, progress, toolbox talks, audits, timekeeping, joint tagging and working effectiveness etc. to the agreed standards with respect to safety, quality and performance, reporting any issues to the overhaul manager.
- Ensure the scheduler produces a realistic, achievable plan for the area by carrying out specific activities such as validation of specs, check materials, remove non-essential work, identify peaks in workload and resource and have a full and clear understanding of the workscope.
- Liaise with Projects (and Commercial manager) applicable to the area to ensure scopes are validated and construction estimates adequate.
- Degree or HNC/HND
- Engineer with 7 to 10 years’ experience