Job DescriptionSenior Genetic Screening Scientist – Permanent – Cambridge
Assay development is something all scientists must carry out in their time to optimise techniques and the subsequent data obtained. My client, an industry leading molecular biology company, are going through a phase of expansion and currently seeking the expertise of a Senior Genetic Screening Scientist to aid in design and automation of their state-of-the-art screening platform.
Senior Genetic Screening Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform cell-based screening assays, with minimal support and supervision
- Analyse and interpret experimental data and identify and solve problems associated with their own and others’ experiments.
- Prepare high quality client facing interpretative reports, data packages and/or journal articles, clearly disseminating the results of that research
- Confidently engage with customers on a scientific level to understand their needs and design research programmes to answer their key scientific questions
- Maintain an awareness of the current techniques/technologies and apply these to experimental design to influence new assay development and guide projects
- Provide mentorship to more junior scientists
- Ensure all records are accurately maintained
- PhD in a Life Science subject with 3+ years’ work experience following this
- Extensive experience of cell culture and excellent aseptic technique
- Experience in assay development and significant genetic cell biology expertise eg developing pooled/arrayed CRISPR-cas9 genome wide screens
- Excellent planning/organizational skills with a careful and meticulous nature and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow and give instructions, and comply with company policies
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a matrix-managed environment
If you possess the necessary requirements, please call Charles on 01619427163.