NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading EPC business, has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer for a direct hire position to be based in their Midland operation. Responsibilities & required experience as follows:
- Perform electrical engineering assignments associated with designing equipment, components, structures or systems.
- Independently prepare intermediate to advanced level specifications for project assignments detailing client performance requirements, specific component needs, design requirements, applicable design codes, and vendor drawing requirements.
- Prepare engineering sketches, perform engineering calculations and develop analysis models for complex project assignments.
- Review and/or approve vendor drawings for compliance with project specifications.
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, vendors and other consultants.
- Set realistic expectations and ensure assigned projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Adhere to company quality standards and follow engineering checking and approval procedures.
- Comply with all company and client health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) standards as well as federal and local HSSE regulations.
- Actively participate in company and client hazard identification and observation programs, and immediately report any unsafe acts, conditions or incidents to your supervisor.
- Interact with drafting/design group to develop and review engineering drawings.
- Visit job‐sites to evaluate site, project requirements, and conditions.
- Visit vendor facilities to inspect equipment for compliance with requirements/specifications.
- Prepare inquiry and purchase requisitions as well as bid tabulations associated with equipment purchases.
- Perform checking of engineering drawings and mathematical calculations.
- Adhere to safe design practices, while focusing on identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Plan and manage workload, budgets and project resources, requesting assistance as necessary.
- Develop, review and/or approve conceptual and detailed engineering design packages.
- Assist in the development of internal design guidelines, specifications, and design control procedures.
- Assess feasibility of projects by assessing materials, costs and time requirements, applying knowledge and techniques of engineering and advanced mathematics. Utilize complex and repetitive calculations
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, and/or construction schedules for
- Analyze and examine different strategies, equations and applications to ensure appropriate procedures are applied
- and/or utilized. Resolve design and development issues.
- Manage client relationships and develop repeat business opportunities.
- Compile discipline‐specific man‐hour estimates and Total Installed Cost estimates based on client provided project scope. Manage and forecast man‐hour requirements and schedules associated with discipline‐specific project scope.
- Working knowledge of the design of electrical equipment preferred
- Working knowledge of electrical design codes (NEC, NEMA, API, IEEE, etc.) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Bachelor’s Degree from ABET Accredited Institution preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- PE license required
- Field experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preferred
- Medium/large multi‐discipline project lead experience preferred
- ETAP, SKM, CARS software experience preferred