Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has a permanent opportunity for an Geologist Modeler for an Expat position to be based in the Middle East – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
As the successful applicant you will have the experience to integrate all characterization data to ultimately construct a 3D geological property model.
You will have extensive experience in subsurface mapping, utilization of various modeling applications, and packages (Petrel, GOCAD, and Roxcar).
You will have in-depth experience in geostatistical modeling techniques, be familiar with reservoir simulation, and the upscaling of geological models.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties & Responsibilities :
- You will be required to perform the following:
- Construct 3D reservoir geocellular models; create subsurface maps; use modeling packages (Petrel, GOCAD, and Roxar); and integrate geologic, geophysical, petrophysical, and dynamic data into a geocellular model.
- Integrate diverse datasets into a model to be used for field development, well placement, reserve estimates, history matching, prediction forecasting, and risk assessments.
- Work across multidisciplinary teams, and be required to assess reservoir stimulation, and the upscaling techniques of geological models.
- Make critical decisions, and solve any problems with regards to Geological modeling, and update and maintain geological models with newly drilled and acquired data.
- As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelor's degree in Geology.
- You will have 10 + years industry experience, including a minimum of 6 years’ experience with 3D reservoir geological modeling.
- Previous experience in reservoir geology, drilling operations, field development, sedimentology/stratigraphy, or structural geology is advantageous.